This is the Genuine OEM Ford Explorer 2.3 Engine Timing Tensioner Arm with the part number K2GZ-6K255-A. This key engine component plays a vital role in maintaining optimal engine performance. It works to manage the tension of the timing chain, ensuring it remains in its proper position to coordinate the opening and closing of the engine valves with the up-and-down movements of the pistons. When this part is in good working order, your engine runs smoothly and efficiently, protecting against the potential damage of misaligned timing.
Please be assured that this is a brand-new, genuine OEM part, packaged directly from the manufacturer. It's identical to the one sold at new car dealerships, and it's not an aftermarket substitute. It guarantees high quality and a precise fit as it's designed specifically for Ford Explorer models with a 2.3L engine.
Tools Needed: Socket Set, Torque Wrench
1. Begin by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for safety.
2. Remove the engine cover to expose the timing chain and tensioner assembly.
3. Locate the old tensioner arm and unbolt it using your socket set.
4. Once the old tensioner arm is removed, install the new one in its place, aligning it properly with the bolt holes.
5. Use your torque wrench to tighten the bolts to the manufacturer's specifications.
6. Replace the engine cover and reconnect the negative battery terminal.
7. Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes to ensure everything is working correctly.
Installing a timing tensioner arm is a moderately complex task, typically requiring a couple of hours. It's best suited for those with intermediate to advanced automotive knowledge and skills.
||Explorer (2.3L engine)