The Nissan Altima, Frontier, Maxima, and Pathfinder are all popular vehicles known for their performance and reliability. However, even the best vehicles need replacement parts from time to time, and the headlight lamp socket is one component that can wear out or fail over time. That's where the Nissan Altima Frontier Maxima Pathfinder (1) Left or Right Headlight Lamp Socket comes in.
Important Note: Before beginning the installation process, make sure that the replacement part matches the one being replaced in terms of make, model, and specifications.
- Electrical tape
Skill Level: Intermediate
Time Needed: 30-45 minutes
- Locate the headlight assembly on the vehicle where the headlight lamp socket needs to be replaced.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws or bolts that secure the headlight assembly to the vehicle.
- Carefully remove the headlight assembly from the vehicle and set it aside.
- Locate the old headlight lamp socket on the back of the headlight assembly.
- Use pliers to gently remove the wiring harness from the old socket by pulling it away from the socket.
- Discard the old socket.
- Take the new headlight lamp socket and carefully align it with the mounting location on the headlight assembly.
- Insert the prongs of the new socket into the corresponding slots on the headlight assembly until it clicks into place.
- Reconnect the wiring harness to the new socket by pushing it into place until it clicks.
- Use electrical tape to wrap around the socket and the wiring harness connection to secure it.
- Reinstall the headlight assembly onto the vehicle and secure it with screws or bolts.
- Test the new headlight lamp socket by turning on the headlights and checking that they function properly.
That's it! The installation process is now complete. Remember to dispose of any old parts and materials in an environmentally responsible manner.
2012-2015 Nissan Altima
Base, S, SL, SV - 4 Cyl 2.5L, 6 Cyl 3.5L
2012-2016 Nissan Frontier
S, SV, SL, PRO-4X, Desert Runner - 4 Cyl 2.5L, 6 Cyl 4.0L
2016 Nissan Maxima
S, SL, SR, SV, Platinum - 6 Cyl 3.5L
2015-2016 Nissan Murano
S, SL, SV, Platinum - 6 Cyl 3.5L
2012-2016 Nissan Pathfinder
S, SV, SL, LE, SL Hybrid, SV Hybrid, Platinum, Platinum Hybrid - 4 Cyl 2.5L, 6
Cyl 3.5L, 6 Cyl 4.0L
2014-2016 Nissan Rogue
S, SL, SV - 4 Cyl 2.5L