Note: Fitment is unknown, Check with your Local ford dealer with your VIN to be sure this part number is right for you.
The Genuine Ford Explorer Central Door Lock Jumper Wire, part number FB5Z-14A412-F, is an original OEM part intended for use in Ford Explorer vehicles. As a critical component of the central locking system, this jumper wire plays an instrumental role in locking and unlocking your vehicle's doors. Should the existing jumper wire be damaged or malfunctioning, this part provides the necessary replacement to ensure the optimal functionality and security of your vehicle's central locking system. Note that this is the genuine part in OEM manufacturer packaging, identical to the one sold at a new car dealership.
Tools Required: Screwdriver, Wire cutter/stripper
Estimated Time: 1-2 hours
Skill Level: Intermediate
1. Park your Ford Explorer and ensure the engine is off. Disconnect the battery for safety.
2. Remove the interior door panel by unscrewing and gently prying it off.
3. Locate the existing door lock jumper wire. It's typically found running from the door lock actuator to the vehicle's electrical system.
4. Disconnect the old jumper wire from both ends using the wire cutter/stripper.
5. Connect the new Genuine Ford Explorer Central Door Lock Jumper Wire to the respective points in your vehicle's electrical system.
6. Ensure the connections are secure and the wire is neatly tucked away to prevent any accidental damage.
7. Reattach the interior door panel, ensuring all screws are securely tightened.
8. Reconnect the battery and test the operation of the door locks to make sure everything works correctly.
Note: As the exact fitment of this part is unknown, it is crucial to check the part number with a Ford dealer before purchasing.
Please check the part number with a Ford dealer to ensure correct fitment.