2013-2016 Ford Escape 1.6 Engine Coolant Thermostat Housing
This Genuine OEM auto part is a 1.6 Engine Coolant Thermostat Housing (part number BM5Z-8592-C) designed specifically for the 2013-2016 Ford Escape. It comes in the original manufacturer's packaging, ensuring its authenticity and compatibility with the vehicle. As a genuine OEM part, it offers a precise fit and matches the quality of the original coolant thermostat housing installed by the manufacturer.
The 1.6 Engine Coolant Thermostat Housing is an essential component of the vehicle's cooling system. It houses the coolant thermostat and helps regulate the flow of coolant through the engine. This genuine OEM part provides a secure and leak-free connection for the coolant hoses and ensures proper coolant circulation. By replacing the old or damaged coolant thermostat housing, it helps maintain the integrity and functionality of the cooling system in the Ford Escape.
- Gather the necessary tools: a socket wrench set, pliers, and a drain pan.
- Park the vehicle on a level surface and engage the parking brake.
- Ensure the engine has cooled down before starting the replacement process.
- Locate the existing coolant thermostat housing on the engine.
- Using pliers, carefully remove the clamps or connectors securing the coolant hoses to the thermostat housing.
- Place the drain pan beneath the thermostat housing to catch any coolant that may leak out.
- Remove the bolts or screws securing the thermostat housing to the engine using a socket wrench.
- Carefully separate the old thermostat housing from the engine and remove it.
- Clean the mating surfaces of the engine and the new genuine OEM Coolant Thermostat Housing.
- Position the new thermostat housing onto the engine and align it with the mounting holes.
- Insert and tighten the bolts or screws to secure the new thermostat housing to the engine.
- Reconnect the coolant hoses to the new thermostat housing and secure them with clamps or connectors.
- Double-check all connections and ensure the thermostat housing is properly installed.
- Refill the cooling system with the appropriate coolant and bleed any air from the system if necessary.
The entire replacement process typically takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete, depending on the individual's skill level and experience with automotive repairs. It is recommended that individuals possess intermediate mechanical skills for this task. Following these step-by-step instructions will help ensure a successful installation of the Genuine OEM 1.6 Engine Coolant Thermostat Housing on the 2013-2016 Ford Escape.
This Part Ships Out in 2-3 Days
If you are in need of this part for a time sensitive repair, please text us at 832-722-4697 for availability before you order.