This Genuine OEM auto part is a brand new Front Door Window Regulator designed for the 2008-2012 Mazda CX-7. It comes in the original packaging from the manufacturer and does not include the window motor. The Front Door Window Regulator is responsible for controlling the movement of the window glass, allowing it to be raised or lowered smoothly. It is specifically designed to fit the CX-7 model and ensures reliable and precise operation of the front door window.
To replace the existing Front Door Window Regulator with this new Genuine OEM part, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Begin by ensuring the vehicle is parked on a flat surface and the engine is turned off.
2. Gather the necessary tools for the job: a socket wrench, a flathead screwdriver, and a clean cloth.
3. Open the front door that you will be working on.
4. Locate the screws or bolts that secure the door panel to the door frame. These are typically found along the edges of the door panel and may be covered by plastic caps. Use the flathead screwdriver to carefully pry off the caps and remove the screws or bolts.
5. Once the screws or bolts are removed, grip the bottom edge of the door panel and pull it firmly but gently away from the door frame. Start from one side and work your way around, releasing the retaining clips that hold the panel in place. Take care not to force or damage the panel during this step.
6. With the door panel removed, locate the window regulator assembly inside the door. It will be connected to the window glass and the door frame.
7. Identify the mounting bolts or screws that secure the window regulator to the door frame. Use the socket wrench to remove these fasteners, taking note of their positions for reinstallation.
8. Once the bolts or screws are removed, carefully detach the old window regulator from the door frame, ensuring not to damage any surrounding components.
9. Take the new Genuine OEM Front Door Window Regulator out of its packaging and align it with the door frame, following the same path as the old regulator.
10. Insert the mounting bolts or screws into their designated holes and use the socket wrench to tighten them securely.
11. Test the window regulator by manually raising and lowering the window glass to ensure it moves smoothly and securely.
12. Reinstall the door panel by aligning the retaining clips with the corresponding slots on the door frame. Press firmly but gently on the panel to secure the clips in place.
13. Reattach the screws or bolts to their designated holes and use the screwdriver to replace the plastic caps, if applicable.
The entire replacement process typically takes approximately 1 hour to complete. This job requires intermediate skill level, and it is recommended to have the necessary tools and a clean working area for a smooth installation.