2004-2008 Mazda RX-8 (1) Rear Strut Damper For Sport Suspension
This Genuine OEM auto part is a brand new Rear Strut Damper designed for the 2004-2008 Mazda RX-8 with Sport Suspension. It comes in the original packaging from the manufacturer and is not an aftermarket product. The Rear Strut Damper plays a crucial role in providing stability, control, and improved handling to the vehicle's suspension system, especially for sport-oriented driving.
To replace the existing Rear Strut Damper with this new Genuine OEM part, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. Start by ensuring the vehicle is parked on a flat and stable surface, and the rear wheels are securely blocked to prevent any movement.
2. Gather the necessary tools for the job: a socket wrench, a torque wrench, a jack, and jack stands.
3. Locate the rear strut damper on the vehicle's suspension. It is usually attached to the suspension tower and the lower control arm.
4. Use the jack to lift the rear of the vehicle until the wheels are off the ground. Place the jack stands under the vehicle to provide additional support and ensure safety.
5. Use the socket wrench to remove the bolts or nuts securing the rear strut damper to the suspension tower and lower control arm. Take note of the bolt sizes for reinstallation.
6. Once the bolts or nuts are removed, carefully detach the old rear strut damper from the suspension components.
7. Take the new Genuine OEM rear strut damper out of its packaging and align it with the suspension tower and lower control arm.
8. Insert the bolts or nuts into their designated holes and use the torque wrench to tighten them to the recommended torque specification provided in the vehicle's service manual.
9. Repeat the process for the remaining rear strut damper on the other side of the vehicle if applicable.
10. Once both rear strut dampers are securely installed, lower the vehicle from the jack stands by carefully using the jack.
11. Double-check all the bolts or nuts to ensure they are tightened properly and securely.
12. Test the vehicle's suspension by gently bouncing the rear end to ensure the rear strut dampers are functioning correctly.
The entire replacement process typically takes approximately 1 to 2 hours to complete. This job requires intermediate skill level, and it is recommended to have basic knowledge of automotive repair, the necessary tools, and following the appropriate torque specifications.
This Part Ships Out in 2-3 Days
If you are in need of this part for a time sensitive repair, please text us at 832-722-4697 for availability before you order.