The 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Manual Transmission Gear Shifter Boot is designed for compatibility with the JK body style Wrangler with a manual transmission. It serves as a direct replacement for the original component, offering protection against dust and debris entering the vehicle's interior through the gear shifter assembly. This part is specifically matched to the vehicle's interior aesthetics and provides a seal between the shifter mechanism and the cabin.
This OEM product is brand new and comes in the manufacturer's packaging, ensuring it matches the quality and fitment of the gear shifter boot available at a dealership.
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver (optional)
1. Ensure the vehicle is off, the parking brake is engaged, and the shifter is in neutral position.
2. Remove any components or trim pieces that obstruct access to the shifter boot using the Phillips head screwdriver.
3. Carefully detach the original shifter boot from its position around the base of the gear shifter. If it is secured with screws, use the screwdriver to remove them.
4. If the boot is glued or adhered in place, gently pry it up using a flathead screwdriver, taking care not to damage any surrounding materials.
5. Position the new gear shifter boot in place and secure it as per the original configuration, either by screws or adhesive if required.
6. Reinstall any components or trim pieces that were removed during the process.
Duration: The installation should take about 30 minutes to complete.
Skill Level: Intermediate