Are you in need of a new fuel filler housing with hinge for your 2011-2020 Lincoln MKZ? Look no further than the Genuine New Fuel Filler Housing With Hinge!
This high-quality, direct fit auto part is specifically designed for 2011-2020 Lincoln MKZ models and is brand new and made by Lincoln, so you can be sure of its durability and longevity. Please note that this product is the housing with hinge only and the door is not included. However, you can use your original fuel door and unbolt it and install it on this new housing/hinge assembly.
This fuel filler housing with hinge is a vital component of your vehicle, allowing you to easily access the fuel tank and refuel your vehicle. A damaged or worn housing can lead to difficulty in using the fuel filler or it may not function properly.
Don't settle for a subpar aftermarket housing that may not fit properly or last as long. Trust in the quality and craftsmanship of a Genuine New Fuel Filler Housing With Hinge for your 2011-2020 Lincoln MKZ. Order yours today and ensure your fuel filler is functioning smoothly and efficiently.
1) Jack up the left rear and stick a jack stand under the frame for safety.
2) Remove the left rear wheel.
3) Use a y-shaped body clip pry tool to pull out the plastic fasteners holding in the plastic wheel well liner. There are two on the top underneath that you may need a flashlight to see. Once you have them all out the liner will practically fall out on its own.
4) Remove the yellow "No Gas Cap Needed" trim ring from the filler pipe. It just slips on and and off. Having it off makes it easier to get the door past the filler neck.
5) Remove the single nut holding the filler pipe bracket to a stud on the underside trunk metal. You won't remove the filler pipe, but this lets the pipe move enough to get the fuel filler neck housing / door assembly past the filler pipe itself.
6) The plastic filler door assembly is held against the fender by three hidden integrated plastic clips. From inside/under the fender, push each clip radially inward toward the filler pipe and pop that part of the door assembly free of the fender metal.
7) Once the filler door assembly is free of the fender all around, rotate it forward and work the hidden hinge area box past the loosened filler tube neck. This doesn't take force, just maneuvering.
installation is just the opposite.